As far as I'm concerned, gold has finally entered the bubble phase. A special report on a mainstream site like MarketWatch (with 8 articles on it) probably portends to its popularity.
None of this means that this is the peak but I have a feeling fundamentals—if there is such a thing for gold—has been thrown out the window.
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (118)
- ► 2010 (228)
- Credit card delinquency rises in China
- Rationalism vs Empiricism - Can knowledge be advan...
- Sunday Spectacle XXXVII
- Japan Redux
- Thoughts on the Dubai default situation
- Final chapter in the Dubai saga - Default
- Hugh Hendry CNBC Europe Appearance on October 16, ...
- Gold enters bubble phase
- Opinion: Good investors not necessarily good at pe...
- Hugh Hendry November 2009 commentary - The deflati...
- Sunday Spectacle XXXVI
- Second part of the Bruce Greenwald interview at Ad...
- Emergence of capital controls
- Thriftville vs Squanderville
- Sold: Aspen (ASPN) ... big mistake...important not...
- Opinion: Goldman Sachs and Warren Buffett start PR...
- Low quality stocks starting to weaken
- Weird trading in Aspen (ASPN)
- Charlie Rose interview with Warren Buffett
- Newbie lesson: investing directly in commodities c...
- Sunday Spectacle XXXV
- Articles for a Friday
- Bruce Greenwald on global imbalances
- China's construction boom
- Robert Smith: King of the "Jungle Bonds"
- Purchase: Aspen Exploration (OTC: ASPN)
- Sunday Spectacle XXXIV
- Warren Buffett CNBC interview...and my thoughts on...
- Articles for a Friday
- Warren Buffett goes all-in with a spectacular bet ...
- Sunday Spectacle XXXIII
- ▼ November (31)
- ► 2008 (517)
Popular Posts (last 30 days)
( update Mar 5: Replaced the video with the list version which lists all the videos and added a URL link in case embedded video doesn't...
I don't really agree with many of Charlie Munger's political, and some business and economic, views, but the thing I love about him ...
American Consumer Debt Since consumer spending is a huge driver of American GDP (almost 70% of GDP), it's a big deal for any inves...
2016 You Say? Last time I did a recap, which is sort of when I stopped blogging and seriously investing, was in 2011. Seems like a long ...
The Virgin America-Alaska Airlines merger closed successfully and I was cashed out on December 16th. This is one of those deals that seemed ...
A Young Warren Buffett In a comment to one of my posts , Mark Carter, who incidentally appears to have a good blog worth checking o...
Wage Gap Continues to Widen in USA (and likely other countries too) (source: "U.S. Wage Disparity Took Another Turn for ...
Some stuff I found interesting... in no particular order... (Recommended) " Napoleon Is Dead! Wait. That's a Stock-Market Scam.&...
I ran across a very good interview with Jim Chanos by the Institute of New Economic Thinking that I found interesting (h/t Naked Capitalism...
Various articles I encountered over the last few months that you may find interesting... (Recommended) " When Bankers Started Playi...
About This Blog
- Sivaram Velauthapillai