Sold: BCE (via MBT merger)

BCE (TSX: BCE) buyout of Manitoba Telecom Services (TSX: MBT) was successfully completed. I ended up with a return of about 1.8%, which is satisfactory.

The best case outcome (if payment was 100% cash) of about 2.1% didn't materialize; instead, I ended up with a mix of cash and stock (original expectation was 0.7% but BCE shares rose (and I didn't hedge) so I gained about a percent from it).

I wouldn't entertain these situations in the past but my portfolio is a little bit larger and transaction costs have come down a lot in a decade, so it is worthwhile for the time being.


Sold: $59.06

Comments

Popular Posts

Thoughts on the stock market - March 2020

Warren Buffett's Evolution and his Three Investment Styles

Charlie Munger: Stock market as a pari-mutuel betting system