Japanese consumer lending profits fall

Aiful, one of the big consumer lenders, reported declining profits. The market is not reacting much, with the stock down less than 0.5% (probably impacted by big decline in the US markets more than anything). The fact that Aiful's stock didn't move much implies that the market has priced in a lot of negativity into these stocks. This is a good contrarian sign. I haven't purchased Takefuji yet (my account is being set up--slow) so I'm not sure if I should wait for their earnings call in early August or buy it now. If the broad markets correct, the Japanese Yen may strengthen so the decision isn't obvious. This is a long-term pick so it doesn't really matter but I like to gain/save as much money as I can...

Comments

Popular Posts

Thoughts on the stock market - March 2020

Warren Buffett's Evolution and his Three Investment Styles

Charlie Munger: Stock market as a pari-mutuel betting system