Sunday, February 5, 2012 3 comments

Sunday Spectacle CLX

What is Facebook?


(source: "Facebook Revealed," The Globe and Mail. February 1, 2012. Last updated February 2, 2012.)

Tags: ,

3 Response to Sunday Spectacle CLX

February 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM

As a Brit living in the US, I have candidly never understood the appeal of Facebook, although I see its wild popularity and give full credit to Mark Zuckerberg for his genius. However, from an investing perspective, I think all of the upside of Facebook has been extracted as a private company. At a 100 billion valuation, it seems more like a short than a buy once it goes public. Sacrilege, I know!

February 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I'm trying to write a post on Facebook and think Zuckerberg and his team have done an amazing job. It looks like a great company. I agree with you that it looks overvalued but it's a golden goose -- and successfully shorting golden gooses is not easy.

May 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Facebook seems like a strange company.

Post a Comment